The July 2022 product review update, the fourth in a series of improvements aimed at low-quality reviews, is already rolling out, according to Google.
The update will be implemented starting, July 27, and will be finished in two to three weeks, probably till mid august.
Google posted a link to the official page for search ranking updates along with the announcement on Twitter.
The Google product review algorithm was modified with this version, which was released in March 2021.
The algorithm is made to favor in-depth study reviews over skimpy content that merely combines data available on a company’s website.
The update does not contain any additional advice. Product review websites are advised to keep concentrating on sticking to Google’s exacting standards for high-quality content.
Simply put, Google wants to know if you’ve used the product you’re evaluating yourself and have experimented with it.
By incorporating details such as quantitative measures, advantages and disadvantages, comparisons with other items, and other information, you can make this evident to Google and your readers.
It is no longer sufficient to simply rewrite content that is already available online. Google now gives unique value in reviews priority. Even original photos are essentially required.
It’s understandable if Google’s news caught you off guard. The majority of Google’s algorithm updates, including all of the product review updates to date, come without prior notice.
But that need not always be a bad thing. There is a chance for ranking increases with each algorithm change, particularly if the previous updates injured you.
How to ready for the update?
Publishing high-quality product reviews on your e-commerce or product review site can help visitors learn more about a product before purchase. To help your audience discover your product reviews in Google Search and on other Google surfaces, follow these best practices:
- Evaluate the product from a user’s perspective.
- Demonstrate that you are knowledgeable about the products reviewed – show you are an expert.
- Provide evidence such as visuals, audio, or other links of your own experience with the product, to support your expertise and reinforce the authenticity of your review.
- Share quantitative measurements about how a product measures up in various categories of performance.
- Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors.
- Cover comparable products to consider, or explain which products might be best for certain uses or circumstances.
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a particular product, based on your own original research.
- Describe how a product has evolved from previous models or releases to provide improvements, address issues, or otherwise help users in making a purchase decision.
- Identify key decision-making factors for the product’s category and how the product performs in those areas (for example, a car review might determine that fuel economy, safety, and handling are key decision-making factors and rate performance in those areas).
- Describe key choices in how a product has been designed and their effect on the users beyond what the manufacturer says.
- Include links to other useful resources (your own or from other sites) to help a reader make a decision.
- Consider including links to multiple sellers to give the reader the option to purchase from their merchant of choice.
- When recommending a product as the best overall or the best for a certain purpose, include why you consider that product the best, with first-hand supporting evidence.
- Ensure there is enough useful content in your ranked lists for them to stand on their own, even if you choose to write separate in-depth single product reviews for each recommended product.
This update doesn’t apply to you if your site doesn’t provide product reviews. It isn’t a fundamental update that affects every search result.
This modification still doesn’t apply to you if you offer things that consumers can evaluate on your website because that’s not seen as the same as a review article.
Follow the google guide and prevent your website from any negative impact.