SEO and PPC experts focus on boosting website traffic.
But here’s the kicker: Are you making the most of your existing visitors? Often, the answer is a resounding “no.”
A robust search marketing strategy isn’t just about traffic; it hinges on a comprehensive customer experience plan. Customer experience should be on your radar even if it’s not your responsibility.
Put, traffic alone is just a superficial metric. What truly counts is how that traffic moves through the marketing funnel and translates into valuable customers.
So, where do you start in improving customer experience?
It begins with ensuring users land on the most relevant page for their intent. Aligning user intent with the most suitable page is pivotal.
This piece introduces various behavioral strategies and concepts designed to help you extract more value from your website’s current traffic.
Getting a Grip on Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Before diving into these behavioral strategies, let’s set the stage for those less acquainted with conversion rate optimization (CRO).
At its core, CRO involves formulating hypotheses to enact website changes to bolster conversions. These conversions encompass pivotal business objectives like sales or content engagement.
Once a hypothesis takes shape, tools like VWO or Zoho’s PageSense come into play, enabling the creation and testing of new landing page versions without requiring coding skills.
These tools then serve the page’s current and test versions to a designated percentage of traffic, meticulously monitoring the outcomes. The test duration hinges on your site’s traffic volume and the tool’s speed in delivering dependable results.
Upon conclusion of the test, successful ideas are integrated live, while unsuccessful ones are refined and subjected to retesting.
This testing method eradicates gut instincts and biases, enabling confident reporting of what resonates with your audience.
The challenge lies in identifying what aspects to test, a pivotal task in the CRO landscape.
Five behavioral nudges that can significantly enhance traffic conversions
- Social Proof and Herding: Human behavior often aligns with what others are doing or endorsing. Leverage social proof by showcasing customer testimonials, user reviews, or social media validation. Highlighting the popularity of a product or service can encourage visitors to follow suit, driven by the belief that others’ actions validate the choice.
- Cognitive Load: Simplify the decision-making process for users by reducing cognitive load. Streamline website design, minimize distractions, and ensure clear and concise messaging. Make it effortless for visitors to navigate, understand, and act, thereby increasing the likelihood of conversions.
- Scarcity and FOMO (Fear of Missing Out): Create a sense of urgency and scarcity to prompt action. Limited-time offers, countdown timers, or displaying low stock levels instill a fear of missing out, compelling users to act swiftly to avoid losing out on a perceived opportunity.
- Loss Aversion: Human psychology values avoiding losses more than acquiring gains. Highlight the potential losses users might incur by not availing of an offer or taking action. Emphasize what they stand to lose rather than solely focusing on gains to spur conversions.
- Anchoring: Present a reference point or anchor to influence users’ perceptions of value. Displaying the original price alongside a discounted price, for instance, establishes a comparison that can make the discounted price seem more appealing and increase conversions.
Integrating these behavioral nudges into your website and marketing strategies can effectively influence user behavior, driving higher conversion rates from your traffic.
Transforming Clicks into Conversions: Harnessing Behavioral Tactics
We’ve explored five potent strategies tailored for implementation on your website to gauge their impact on conversions.
Leveraging your website traffic is a robust pillar for reinforcing your search strategy. Demonstrating the effectiveness of your endeavors and the potential for enhanced outcomes through SEO or paid search can be a compelling argument for budget decision-makers within a burgeoning business.
Start your testing initiatives today, bearing in mind that even minor adjustments can wield substantial influence.
If navigating this seems daunting, consider exploring our monthly SEO packages. Our experts can guide you through the process and assist you.